Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wednesday Recap

I didn't get much done last night. First, my oldest daughter had junior high orientation. That means number two is entering her teen years. Hooray, or something.

We had a parents meeting for my son's scout troop. I think I'm paranoid, but the scout master, who I was in an Elder's quorum presidency with was looking at me more than the others, and there is an opening in the Deacon's quorum.

The scouts will be going to a really cool camp this year, Camp Loll (all the kids thought that was great, even after we explained it wasn't spelled LOL.) This camp is located between the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. They do an all day hike that will go into either Yellowstone, or Tetons National Park. It is beautiful, but the kids are bummed they have to drive six hours to get there.

So my wife went to the junior high, and I went to scouts. While I was in scouts I started getting text from my wife that her mother was mad at her. Turns out that her folks sewer had backed up, they had some roots in the line, and they hadn't cleaned their carpets. My wife had called our guy, and had him on the way over. My mother-in-law doesn't like being helped, this is according to the wife, and that made her mad.

By the time I was back from scouts, my wife was going up to her folks house to help our carpet guy. She also had to finish my daughter's video book report, our computer was too slow and kept crashing, so she used iMovie on the in-law's Mac.

The weather is beautiful, so I'm going to get the kids out in the yard to clean up this weekend. This is a big deal, as we have a front-yard fence, when most of our neighbors don't. We catch every bit of trash that is blown down the street in the front. In the back, we have a dog that likes to chew stuff. We have trash to get up, and it should be nice to do in the sunshine.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that the oldest used his birthday money to buy his old scout master's x-box. Time to fight the video game battle again. He's been told that he will have limited time everyday, and that if his grades drop, I get to take it. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment