Monday, March 5, 2012

Busy weekend

Saturday was non-stop. Woke up, and got to Bountiful Baskets to volunteer. Bountiful Baskets is a great produce co-op currently running in 20 states. For around $17 you get 12 produce items every week. You can also add on other items. Good quality and good value. Luckily this weekend I wasn't in charge and just had to be a worker drone.

As soon as that was done, I had to run home and get my oldest ready for soccer practice. We had a good session with some specialized running training. The one thing I noticed at practice was the size of my son. He was middle of the pack height wise at the end of fall season. Now he is the third tallest kid on the team. He must have grown four inches since October.

Then I had to run home because the wife had to go to a baby shower and was in charge of music for our Stake's baptisms. She sent me a text that Elder M. Russell Ballard was there.

When she got home I had to go pick up more MDF for the wainscoting, and supplies to make a slide for my son. As we were doing that, my folks called and invited us to go see "The Lorax".

So we got home from Lowes, and packed the kids up and headed to the theater. I bought a couple of tubs of popcorn, they are refillable, and my mom pulled small popcorn bags from her purse, and we fed the entire extended family. Then they invited us to Chuck O Rama.

This is always a special adventure as our autistic son gets overwhelmed and wants to run around. We have to strap him down and serve him. My other kids love it though. We did get to have my oldest nephew sit with us, and he is a great kid. (I'm still going to call him kid even though he is 17.)

We had previously been invites to my sister-in-law's house to watch some old UFC fights. We were running a bit late, but really enjoyed the fights. My oldest fell asleep with his head under a blanket. I carried him most of the way to the car, and it really freaked him out. By this time it was 10:30, and time to go to bed.

Sunday was slower, but we got a new bishopric, so church was exciting. We're excited for the new bishopric, but sad to see the old Bishop move. I was also able to get laundry done on Sunday as I didn't have time on Saturday.

Our oldest went to church with my folks. They are doing a local mission with a Spanish speaking branch, and he needed some practice for his Junior high class. He seemed to enjoy it.

We went visiting family, and I got to see my newest nephew for the first time.

It was busy, but enjoyable. Hope everyone has a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment