Thursday, March 22, 2012

City Creek Shopping Salt Lake City

So I took my lunch hour and braved the crowds downtown SLC to check out the new City Creek Center.

I like it. It is a very nice. The East side has a removable roof, much like a football dome. It was a nice enough day that it was open today. It felt like a mall, kind of intimate, but you could enjoy the open air. Places like the Gateway feel really stretched out, but this was nice. The use of rock, and water (there is a "creek" running down the middle) look great. They even have a cool fountain.

There are many stores you wont find anywhere else in Utah. There's even a Disney store. Most importantly for certain people in my office, Express moved there. It was funny to see women lining up with the blue Tiffany boxes to get a picture.

I dragged my coworker through restoration hardware, the only store that kind of held an interest for me, and he had never been in one. They have some really cool rooms set up. Of course my first thought was I could make 80% of the items in there for much cheaper than they sell them. Hmm, maybe a good idea for a side business.

Anyway, I'll go back sometime with the wife. We'll stroll the stores and look. I probably wont be buying anything anytime soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment