Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sleep, on and off



As my wife posted yesterday, our youngest was very tired. The oldest has a soccer game, and right before we left, the youngest fell asleep.

He slept through the game, and until we were almost home. He then stirred, and came into the kitchen where I was cooking. The youngest has a thing for oranges, mainly just peeling them. He grabbed an orange and walked into the front room. When I went to check on him he was asleep, doing a wall squat against our couch, with an orange in his hand. Needless to say he wasn't ready to go to sleep last night.

I on the other hand was very tired, so was the wife. Our solution? Turn on the TV, close our door, and try to ignore him.

Was it effective? A little, I woke up every 30-60 minutes. He finally fell asleep at about 2:15 a.m. He slept until 8:30 a.m., but with the "nap" he had yesterday he seems to be doing well. Now if we can just get him to stay awake long enough today.

No comments:

Post a Comment