Friday, April 29, 2011

Old Christmas gift

So a friend of mine from work stopped by my cubicle with an old present the two of us had received. He is moving offices, and told me it was my turn to have it. He wants it back in a year.

This is it.



Now you might be wondering what it is, truth be known, so am I. I believe it is a fox. It is made out of some sort of dead plant. It blasts dust and who knows what into the air if you so much as look at it. That being said, I like it because of it's story. So step into the "Way Back" machine, and set it for October 2007.

I had to go to a conference in Breckenridge, CO with four other coworkers. I coordinated my travel with my friend. We found out a few days before leaving that the first big storm of the year was scheduled to hit on our travel day. Many people from Utah were just driving out, because it isn't that far.

After getting through security, and getting to our terminal, we noticed a few familiar faces. Two ladies, the higher ed sales group for a local credit union, came over to talk with us. They were supposed to drive out, but their boss had heard about the storm coming in, and booked them flights and a rental car instead. They were worried about getting from Denver to Breckenridge, which is about an hour away. They asked if they could follow us. We didn't think much of it, and told them okay.

Anyway, we get to Denver, and the credit union people are really embarrassing. My friend suggests we go and get our rental car, while the credit union people waited for their baggage. After leaving the airport he tells me that none of the rental car places are together, and that there is no way we will see them again until the conference. We have a laugh, and proceed through tons of snow, and horrible driving conditions to get to the conference.

Throughout the entire conference, these two ladies called us names, threw things at us, etc. It was all in good fun.

Well one day the following spring my coworker and I had to visit a college in the area of the credit union corporate office. We decided to take a peace offering. We put together a bag of company swag, and stopped by the dollar store to get a few extra supplies.

We went into the main lobby, which also is an active branch. We asked for the two ladies. After a few minutes waiting, one of them appeared. We talked for a few minutes, gave her the bags, and then gave her the final present. We each pulled out two cans of silly string, and sprayed her down in front of their customers and her coworkers. In fact, her laughing and screaming brought out more coworkers who laughed and went back into their offices. She asked one of the guys why he didn't step in to defend her, his response was that, "they're bigger than me."

Being good sports, we helped her clean up the mess. Everyone had a good laugh, and I ended up with some weird plant fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment