Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fitness check


So our trainer likes to do a little "test" every six weeks to see where everyone is. It is a standardized test, and the more I think about it, the more this sounds like PE class.

Anyway, this week was our testing week. We've been pushing pretty hard lately, I did a four minute static squat the other day, my wife did a five. We've been running more, and really working hard. We got to the gym, and started with a 3/4 mile run. Did some burpees, some push ups, some crunches, a 90 second static squat, and some more ab exercises. Finished in about 30 minutes. I couldn't believe how easy it seemed, but our trainer asked us if we could have done it six weeks ago, and the answer is probably not.

So the trainer wanted us to take a few days off to let our bodies recoup. So what do I do the first day away from the gym? Why, go to In-N-Out Burger of course. (As a side note, I haven't had a fast food hamburger in about three months.) And what do you order when you go to In-N-Out Burger? A Double-double with of course! And you can't go to In-N-Out without ordering fries.

Needless to say, I was content until I put my lunch into Livestrong's MyPlate food tracker. I ate more calories in that one meal than I usually eat in a day. There was more fat in it than I usually eat in two or three days. I guess that's why it taste so good.

The wife had a Relief Society activity, she left after we ate dinner and took my oldest daughter with her. I got the youngest to bed, and the other two watching TV. Then I thought I better get off my lazy butt and burn some of those calories. It was raining, and I wasn't feeling hardcore enough to go out jogging, so I just did calisthenics. I did 100 push ups, 100 crunches, and 100 squats. This morning I was down some more weight, so no regrets. In another three months I can go back.

Guess I won't get as much of a break from the gym as I'm supposed to though.

No comments:

Post a Comment