Thursday, March 3, 2011

Physical Therapy

As part of my back pain battle, I went to physical therapy (PT) yesterday. This is my first experience with PT. The therapist did many of the same tests on my that the sports med Doc did. After she finished she asked me, "Do you consider yourself extremely flexible?" I answered in the affirmative, because even though I have gained weight, I can still reach about 10 inches past my toes.

I thought it was a weird question, but the therapist just looked at me and said, "I agree. That's unusual for guys with a lot of muscle mass." That made me laugh. So the physical therapist wants me to start on for simple exercises. They are all about strengthening my transverses and lats. They are great, one makes me look like a panting dog, while one appears like I'm just laying there. I have to do them twice a day, and will go back and get more exercises in a few weeks. The therapist also gave me a great stretch for my hip muscles. I only have to do that once a day (I might choose to do it more.)

Anyway, I'm doing well, and will continue with the strengthening of my core.

Hopefully I'll have something more fun to post about soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment