Friday, March 25, 2011

Fun with my watch

So my watchband wouldn't shut right this morning, and it was a bit loose anyway, so I thought I would take it apart. (Isn't that what a man is supposed to do when something doesn't work? You take it apart and pray you can reassemble it correctly, or at least so it works.).

I stared by removing two links. This made it snug on my wrist. I accomplished this with a push pin, paperclip, and a cheap (a swag item I picked up somewhere) multi-tool. I felt so much like MacGyver. Now the watch fits so well I'm not sure it's right. I have worn it a little loose over the past few years, and since I've been losing weight it could twirl all the way around my wrist.



With that done, I decided to see what was wrong with the clasp. I took it off of the band and saw one of the most disgusting sights I have seen in a long time. It appears that I have been carrying primordial ooze around on my arm.

Not wanting to catch malaria, I busted out the Clorox wipes and went to town. I'll spare you the most graphic parts, but here is a picture of the aftermath on the wipes. You'll all be happy to know that my watch is no longer contagious and now fits correctly. I will have to answer to the Department of Health, but promise to perform regular maintenance to prevent future development of WMDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment