Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Duncan's big day

Well, we had a lot going on for Duncan tonight.

First he received his Tenderfoot rank in the Boy Scouts. Then he had to go to an interview with the Bishop to receive the Aaronic Priesthood. He was given homework from the Bishop, so we will be doing some reading in the Doctrine and Covenants about the oath and covenant of the Priesthood. I have to download the pictures, then I'll get some posted.

On another note, our Scout Master received a reward from the national headquarters. He is super dedicated, and really gets the kids through the program. He is kind of funny looking (I can say that because he is also my cousin.) He didn't have any sons, so I think he is compensating by being the dad of every young man in our neighborhood. Congratulations Gary, you deserve it.

With all the time at the church tonight, we couldn't get to the gym. I decided I would run on the treadmill instead. Well, I haven't been on it for awhile, and since then Jason had taken a drink and poured it on the walking belt. This acted as a lovely glue to keep the treadmill from running. I "fixed" it by loosing the tension on the belt. As I tightened the belt back up, I couldn't get the tension right. So as I was attempting to get it right today, I snapped the adjusting bolt off. That means that tomorrow I get to tear it apart, drill out a bolt, and see if I can fix it.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment