Friday, March 18, 2011

12 Years Ago Today


12 years ago, my oldest was born. I remember getting to the hospital, my wife having Pitocin, and finally asking for an epidural. By the time they administered it, my wife was fully dilated, and we were kind of worried that the doctor wouldn't make it in before the baby came.

Duncan was born, and he sure was handsome (I say that realizing that all baby's are pretty ugly when they are born, but I'm biased in his favor.)

Duncan tormented me the early years of his life. My wife would have to work, and while she was gone, there was nothing I could do to settle him down. I usually took him for a walk, or to my mother's house so she, and some of my siblings could share in my misery. Sometimes I took him for a walk in the stroller in my mother's house.

He grew out of that pretty quickly, and has interests in lots of things. He loves (a little too much) playing video games, he has fun camping, recently completed hunter's safety, plays in the orchestra, plays soccer, and is just a great kid.

I want you to know how proud I am of you Duncan. You are doing well in school and life. Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment