Monday, August 6, 2012

Sunday Recap

Yesterday was a busy day. We started with a Lutz Family Reunion. We haven't had one of these in decades. Got to see lots of cousins and aunts and uncles that we used to see a lot. Also got to see my little sister whom we haven't seen in years. We also got to meet her husband. Here is a photo.

The biggest downside was that my youngest, autistic son was overwhelmed. After four and a half hours at the reunion, we left for my in-laws for dinner. My youngest was freaking out because he was so tired. His older brother decided he would calm him down by taking him for a walk. My wife and I both told him not to. He went anyway.

After a time I started to worry and went for a car ride to find them. After a few minutes I received a call from my Mom's house. My youngest son had got close to the in-laws and freaked out because it wasn't where he wanted to be. He scratched his brother and took off. His brother saw that he was safe and followed him up to the other grandma's house where he could have Popsicles and watch Animaniacs. He fell asleep in a chair.

When I got to my Mom's house my little brother and his family where there from Nevada. My folks where at a meeting, so I stuck around to entertain and enjoy their company. I left my with at her folks' house for awhile.

When my folks got home they had a car full of used clothing. We helped them carry it in and then I went to get my wife and daughters. When they got back they had a clothing party. All if the woman folk went through the clothing and shoes. We were there for hours.

My youngest woke up briefly and came and laid in a nest of used clothing. My daughter and her cousin decided to try on a pair of pants.

It was finally time to go home. The youngest woke up at about 3:30 am but let us sleep while he watched tv.

Long day, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment