Friday, November 4, 2011

November 3rd

Not too much went on yesterday. Work, then home to cook dinner*, then a visit from the Primary presidency.

Work is going well, I cranked out most of the website changes that I need for next year. I'm still waiting on some information that I probably wont have until December, but it's nice to have a jump on it.

Came home, and my wife had baked some chicken and was going to make enchiladas. Since she still had some work to do, I volunteered to make the enchiladas. I used a trick that I learned about on Pinterest, which is a really random site where people can post things they find. Anyway, back to the trick. To get really well shredded chicken, you usually have to boil it. Baked chicken isn't the easiest thing to shred. The trick involves cooking your chicken like you normally would, then putting it into your stand mixer with the paddle attachment. You turn that on for a minute, and you have perfect "restaurant" shredded chicken. I made the enchiladas like I normally do, but my wife was so complimentary it was funny. Even when I was putting the leftovers away she wanted to have another bite.

The kids helped straighten our living room in anticipation of the Primary presidency's visit. They showed up, and I was sitting on a couch in the living room, trying to get our dog to come up to me so she wouldn't freak out our visitors. Instead she ran over to investigate, and (here is my sexist remark of the day) women being women, they stood in the open door exchanging pleasantries and let the dog out. So while they visited about how best to help our youngest child, I walked around in the cold and dark murmuring against them. (Not so much against them, more at them.) Our dog loves to explore once she gets out, so I walked after her towards her favorite places. She ducked into a friend's backyard that was pitch black. I followed her in, and she outmaneuvered me and ran off. At this point I had no idea where she was, so walked to some of her other haunts, all the while murmuring away. I finally found her when she scared a neighbor girl. She was just running away from me when the girl was getting out of her car. My dog didn't approach her or anything, just ran by. But a 60 pound animal running at you in the dark can be frightening. At this point I was really angry, walked out into the street light, called her name and told her to sit. This brought her up short, she trotted back to me, and sat down! I was so shocked that I was brought out of my anger, well mostly. Since I was half way around the block, I put her leash on her, and finished the walk, figuring that would help to calm her down.

When I got back, the Primary presidency was still there, and very apologetic. They had really finished their conversation, but replayed the highlights for me.

No exciting wrestling moves to talk about today, sorry. I will say I'm happy it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment