Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fun with the TRX

TRX Wall Push-Up

I had to run into the gym this morning, I'm taking part in a body transformation challenge, and one of my friends was showing someone else how they had done a fancy push-up with the TRX. My friend probably weighs 80 pounds, so not as scary for her. I mentioned to Jason, my trainer, how I wanted to try it, but didn't think the TRX was rated that high. He told me that he had done it, and he out weighs me by 30 pounds. I thought I'd give it a try.

He walked into the office to register someone else for the challenge, and I did it. One of the other trainers was in the office and could see me and she got excited. Jason stuck his head out and asked me to stick around for a second. I had no idea why. He then asked if he could film me doing it. This time I didn't get the full push-up done. It felt like the bands were squeezing my shoulders, and my arms were below my chest, so I couldn't use my pecs. It does make a pretty good picture though n

I would like it noted that I was using extensive safety equipment. That mat underneath me is almost half an inch thick!

No comments:

Post a Comment