Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cold



So you might wonder why I have a roll of toilet paper and an orange sitting on a shelf in my cubicle. I'll tell you. It's because I have a cold, and didn't have a box of tissue at home to bring in to work. And, since I have a cold, I figured that oranges were a good thing to bring with me for the vitamin C. (Actually, I bring oranges to work pretty much every day. They are a pretty good carbohydrate, and lower on the glycemic index than many fruits.)

Anyway, yesterday we had soccer practice. The oldest didn't really seem into being there, although it was the best team practice we have had in a long time. Later he told me that he didn't think he would play soccer again next year. I was initially happy, as that frees up a lot of time on my schedule, but then I became a bit melancholy about it. I enjoy the time I spend with my son at practice. He has improved tremendously this year. The team has improved tremendously this year, and it is fun to watch the style of soccer they are now playing. The wife wants to have a chat with him to make sure he realizes any implications this may have.

Our schedules have been crazy, here is an example from yesterday:

3:30 - youngest daughter's piano lesson
4:00 - oldest daughter activity days at church
5:00 - pick up oldest daughter
5:00 - the oldest's soccer practice
5:15 - oldest daughter's piano lesson
6:30 - get the oldest from soccer
7:00 - the oldest's scouts night

I was going to try to fit the gym in, but I was so stuffy, and started getting a fever. I figured the other people at the gym would appreciate it if I wasn't there. I spent the evening after soccer, laying in bed watching Mythbusters, and occasionally my wife's stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment